“Gate of Violence”, 1010 Vienna
The Gate of Violence is part of the Memorial against War and Fascism that was erected on Albertinaplatz by Alfred Hrdlicka from 1988 to 1991. It was consolidated and restored by Mag. Klaus Wedenig from May to August 2009. Cracks in both marble sculptures and the threat of falling fragments made immediate restoration necessary. 23 holes were drilled, stainless steel reinforcement anchors were cemented into place, and 50 thinner fiberglass and stainless steel pins were used to fasten the parts together.
Address: 1010 Vienna, Albertinaplatz
Service: Stone restoration
Service period: May to August 2009
Last updated: 07/07/2015 Imprint ©2015 Denkmalpflege G.m.b.H. & Mag. Klaus Wedenig Restaurierung & Konservierung